[Members] December 31 - Mass Start - Race Announcement
kboschen at boschenlaw.com
Thu Dec 22 18:23:32 EST 2011
COLORADO BIATHLON CLUB - MASS START - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 31 - SNOW MOUNTAIN RANCH
The Mass Start is one of the most exciting formats in Biathlon racing as the entire wave of racers leaves the start line at the same time for a five lap race with four shooting bouts. At the end of each of the first two laps, you will shoot Prone. At the end of the third and fourth laps, you will shoot Standing (except for the kids who will always shoot Prone). You then will ski as fast as you can on your final lap to the finish where the first person to cross the line wins the race (of course, we plan to track everyone's race time and shooting statistics which will be posted with the results).
We have put together the following courses which we hope will get your juices flowing:
1. Men 15k - Laps 1,3,5 - Swenson-Heckman http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/courses/8.pdf; Laps 2,4 Swenson-Lowery-Biathlon-Just-Wilson http://coloradobiathlon.org/courses/6.pdf - use this map for guidance but you will take a slight detour by making a left on Lowery and heading to the bottom of Biathlon hill where you will turn right and head up the hill where you will turn left on Just and will have completed the detour as you head down Just and turn right up "short" Wilson to get back to the range
2. Women/Junior Men 12.5k - Laps 1,3,5 - Swenson-Crippler-Wilson http://coloradobiathlon.org/courses/swenson_crippler_wilson.pdf; Laps 2,4 - Lowery-Heckman http://coloradobiathlon.org/courses/3.pdf
3. Junior Women/Youth Men 10k - Laps 1,3,5 - Lowery-Heckman http://coloradobiathlon.org/courses/3.pdf; Laps 2,4 - Lowery-Wilson http://coloradobiathlon.org/courses/4.pdf
4. Youth Women 7.5k - 5 X Lowery-Wilson
5. Kids - 3 laps of Lowery-Meadow http://coloradobiathlon.org/courses/5.pdf
Adults have the option to race any of the first 4 courses listed above. The results will reflect the course that you raced.
Registration on-line will be available shortly (please keep your eye on your email inbox for a notice from Julia). We would greatly appreciate it if all adult participants would pre-register on-line. It will greatly assist us in running an efficient race day operation. Thanks in advance for taking the time to do this.
9:00am - 9:45am Check-in/Bib pick-up at the range; Kids race day registration (Adults please revisit my above plea regarding pre-registration on-line)
9:45am - 10:30am Zero
10:35am Pre-Race Meeting with final details
10:45am First Wave
11:45am (Approx.) Second Wave
We would love the help of any and all who are able. Our wonderful races cannot happen without a lot of helping hands. If you are new to the sport or just love to support your racing family member or friend, this is a great way to be involved in the day. We will happily help you become comfortable with your duties so that you have a wonderful time being part of an awesome racing experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact us (kboschen at boschenlaw.com<mailto:kboschen at boschenlaw.com>) with any questions.
We hope to see many familiar and new faces for a fun day of racing!!!
Mary and Kyle Boschen
Co-Chiefs of Competition
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Members