[Members] Eldora range is open
hikerunski at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:51:47 EST 2011
Thanks to Andy and Kris for helping out with repairs of the targets today,
we were able to open the range. The entrance and exit to the range is not
yet groomed, but Phoebe and Meadows are in good shape. There is a T-bar
fence post on the left side of the range that marks the 50m line. We also
put a stump on the right side. Please feel free to shovel some snow to make
a larger and flatter platform each time you go there. Maybe the stump will
prevent the groomer to flatten out the platform this year.
And here's our rules for biathletes at Eldora (no changes since last year):
- Always use rifle cover when carrying rifle from parking lot to
- Do NOT bring the rifle into the warming hut!
- You need to be a member of CBC and have completed certification
(the red book) in order to use the range
- Always sign in with your name and date in the book at the range,
to make comments
- Always clean up all brass after you are done
- When practicing, you can use the Phoebe Snow Loop and Meadows
Loop without rifle cover, anywhere else you should be using the rifle cover
- Repaint the targets when you are done (I will make sure there are
spray paints by next weekend)
- Bring your own paper targets, you can print them out from the
CBC's website: http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/images/target.pdf
- Use care when entering the range or exiting and merging with
downhill traffic on Phoebe
Please let me know if anything is missing or broken so it can be fixed.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to email
Thanks and get out and enjoy it!
<mailto:vpeldora at coloradobiathlon.org> vpeldora at coloradobiathlon.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Members