[Members] Call for VOLUNTEERS: 1/9-10 SPRINT/PURSUIT Weekend

Michael Bleakley bleakleymichael at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:56:49 EST 2016


Love this…
We just spent 5 weeks traveling around Montana and into Canmore Canada with Skye’s 3ft King Snake “Queenie”.  Amazing how many folks don’t really think of snakes a appropriate pets!   Thankfully,  Bozeman Montana had a Petco where we could buy “Gourmet Rodents” i.e. fuzziies.  I was sweating it going into Canada what with the Colorado plates…you know Amsterdam West, but for us it was without issue.  Skye is such a charmer.  A 12 year old blonde girl with a rifle…what’s not to like.  We're getting ready to drive to Snow Mountain tomorrow…Queenie is staying at home…she just engulfed a fuzzy.

Mike and Skye Bleakley
Gunnison
> On Jan 7, 2016, at 2:32 PM, Jon Schafer <schafer.jon at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> I'm replying publicly because this seems like more of a "public" thing (not to be confused w/ a pubic thing, as boy is that embarrassing). 
> 
> My public pubic question is if we're having any type of dinner on Sat night? I remember a few years ago we had a potluck for this two race weekend and that was cool for us out-of-towners.
> 
> Speaking of out-of-towners, if anyone is renting a condo or house for the weekend and has an empty spot on Sat night, I'd be more than willing to help defray the expense. I am learning the clarinet, so all of our musical needs will be covered. I also usually travel w/ my pet snake, but he is very quiet. Plus, if he does get out, all of you have guns, so you should be fine.
> 
> LMK
> 
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 1:06 PM, bwoodard <brian.j.woodard at gmail.com <mailto:brian.j.woodard at gmail.com>> wrote:
> We are getting close to our two-race weekend and I have received a few messages from volunteers. Listed below are the current volunteer needs to make this weekend's races happen. 
> 
> SPRINT JAN 9TH
> 
> TIMING: We would like two people but can survive with one. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: I will provide a start sheet and you simply send people off the start line and record their finish time. And my goal is to have two people as this job is easiest when done in pairs. 
> 
> COURSE: We need one person to mark the course race morning. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: we already have the course designs, and you would simply ski the course and place flags at intersections before the "zero" race morning; this would take 30-40 minutes.
> 
> SCORING: We always need people during the race to score and pull targets. If you are racing, please lend a hand before or after your race to capture scores on the provided score sheets...so you could still race doing this job
> 
> PURSUIT JAN 10TH
> 
> REGISTRATION: we are looking for one registration volunteer. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: You need to be available at the biathlon range hut at 8:45 to process waivers for pre-registered adults, register and raceday kids. This job would only run from 8:45 -9:45
> 
> TIMING: We would like two people but can survive with one. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: I will provide a start sheet and you simply send people off the start line and record their finish time. And my goal is to have two people as this job is easiest when done in pairs. 
> 
> COURSE: we need one person to mark the course race morning. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: we already have the course designs, and you would simply ski the course and place flags at intersections before the "zero" race morning; this would take 30-40 minutes.
> 
> SCORING: We always need people during the race to score and pull targets. If you are racing, please lend a hand before or after your race to capture scores on the provided score sheets.
> 
> 
> Thanks and if you have questions please reply directly versus a mass club email, 
> 
> Brian 
> 
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 12:44 PM, bwoodard <brian.j.woodard at gmail.com <mailto:brian.j.woodard at gmail.com>> wrote:
> You've just seen the race announcement for next weekend's sprint/pursuit two-race weekend, so now we need volunteer support to make the races happen. Volunteers receive a free trail pass for their support, so bring significant others, friends, parents, people from the bus station. And you can still race if you volunteer.  Below is the short description of volunteer needs Jan 9 and 10th with more information on the duties farther below. 
> 
> 1) Pellet Range Support for Kids - parents please help us here
> 2) Registration Race Morning - this is quick because of pre-registration
> 3) Timing - if you have a watch, you are qualified
> 4) Course Marking - ski the course race morning to stay warm and test your wax
> 5) Scoring and Pulling Targets - Bring an extra layer to make this job easier than standing in your ski clothes. 
> 
> If you have never volunteered because you feel you are new to the sport, volunteering is the best way to learn about the sport as well as meet other CBC members. If you would like to volunteer but want to know more about the job requirements, send me a message and I will describe how shockingly easy it is to support our races.
> 
> DETAIL OF CURRENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS FOR SPRINT/PURSUIT WEEKEND Jan 9th/10th
> 
> SPRINT JAN 9TH
> 
> PELLET RANGE: We need at least a single volunteer to support the kids on the pellet range before and during the race. Parents, this is where we need your help with kids. 
> Job Description: The job is to support the pellet range kids pre-race and during the event to teach the basics of pellet use pre-race to any new kids.
> 
> REGISTRATION: We are looking for one registration volunteer. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: You need to be available at the biathlon range hut at 8:45 to process waivers for pre-registered adults, register and raceday kids. This job would only run from 8:45 -9:45
> 
> TIMING: We are looking for two volunteers as working in pairs is best, but can survive with a single timer per wave. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: I will provide a start sheet and you simply send people off the start line and record their finish time. Again, my goal is to have two people as this job is easiest when done in pairs (one reads the bib and the other records the time...)
> 
> COURSE: We need one person to mark the course race morning. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: we already have the course designs, and you would simply ski the course and place flags at intersections before the "zero" race morning; this would take 30-40 minutes.
> 
> SCORING: We always need people during the race to score and pull targets. If you are racing, please lend a hand before or after your race to capture scores on the provided score sheets...so you could still race doing this job
> 
> PURSUIT JAN 10TH
> 
> REGISTRATION: we are looking for one registration volunteer. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: You need to be available at the biathlon range hut at 8:45 to process waivers for pre-registered adults, register and raceday kids. This job would only run from 8:45 -9:45
> 
> TIMING: We would like two people but can survive with one. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: I will provide a start sheet and you simply send people off the start line and record their finish time. And my goal is to have two people as this job is easiest when done in pairs. 
> 
> COURSE: we need one person to mark the course race morning. You could still race doing this job
> Job Description: we already have the course designs, and you would simply ski the course and place flags at intersections before the "zero" race morning; this would take 30-40 minutes.
> 
> SCORING: We always need people during the race to score and pull targets. If you are racing, please lend a hand before or after your race to capture scores on the provided score sheets.
> 
> 
> Thanks and if you have questions please reply directly versus a mass club email, 
> 
> Brian 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> brian woodard
> brian.j.woodard at gmail.com <mailto:brian.j.woodard at gmail.com>
> _______________________________________________
> Members mailing list
> Members at coloradobiathlon.org <mailto:Members at coloradobiathlon.org>
> You can find list information (including unsubscribe options) at
> http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/mailman/listinfo/members <http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/mailman/listinfo/members> or contact info at coloradobiathlon.org <mailto:info at coloradobiathlon.org>.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Members mailing list
> Members at coloradobiathlon.org
> You can find list information (including unsubscribe options) at
> http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/mailman/listinfo/members or contact info at coloradobiathlon.org.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20160107/446b29fc/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Members mailing list