Safety certification ("Red Book") clinics consist of a morning classroom session and an
afternoon practical session on the range.
Please print out (or save to a digital device that you can access during the class)
the overview of terminology and rules.
Copies will be available on-site.
- 0945 - 1000: Check in
- 1000 - 1200: Classroom instruction
- 1200: Lunch break (bring a lunch!)
- 1300: Meet at the range for the practical portion of the course
- 1300 - 1530: Range orientation and practice
- 1530: Range cleanup
- What to bring:
- Are you under the age of 18? Bring a parent or other adult. You will be
required to have one with you!
- Pen/pencil and notebook
- Whatever you need to sit comfortably for 2+ hours (food, beverage,
- Lunch and snacks
- Biathlon rifle if you have one. Maximum magazine size is five rounds
(single loading is fine). Only standard velocity
ammunition is allowed. We have extra if you need it.
- Clothing appropriate for the day's weather. You will be
outdoors at the range from 1.5 - 2 hours.
Note: There are no toilet facilities at the range!
- Thin gloves for actually shooting and warm gloves or mittens if
necessary to keep warm while waiting to shoot.
- Getting to Snow Mountain Ranch:
Snow Mountain Ranch is off of US Highway 40, between Tabernash and Granby, CO.
The SMR property address is 1101 Co Rd 53, Granby, CO 80446. See the
and additional Nordic Center information.