Unless otherwise stated, all CBC events are at the
Mountain Ranch/YMCA of the Rockies Nordic Center, north of
Winter Park, Colorado. For the latest nordic center status
(winter events only), check the
SMR Nordic Center web site,
or call 970.887.2154 x4170.
CBC Event Logistics
- Race updates are distributed via our email list. You can subscribe
to our mailing list via the form on our home page.
Pre-registration is required for ALL competitors.
Registration closes at 5pm Mountain Time two days before each event.
You will need a current USBA membership number to complete your race registration.
Either an annual or one-day membership is acceptable, and is necessary
to comply with insurance requirements.
USBA web site to create an account and purchase a USBA membership.
- You must sign a CBC season-long
waiver online before participating in our events or using the SMR range.
Competitors must provide proof of attendance at a USBA Safety
Certification clinic (i.e. a "Red Book" number) in order to use a .22 rifle in a
CBC winter event.
- The typical race-day schedule is:
- 0900 - 0930: Bib pickup at the range. NO BIB PICKUP AFTER 0930
- 0930 - 0955: Zero for Wave 1 competitors
- 1005 - 1030: Zero for Wave 2 competitors
- 1035: Pre-race meeting
- 1050: First wave start
- 1200 (approximately): Second wave start
Unless otherwise specified, the following course loops are used for
all events. Courses may need to be changed to accommodate snow conditions
and race format requirements.
Saturday, September 30, 2023
"Summer" biathlon (run and mountain bike categories)
Club rifles will be available; newcomers and beginners welcome!
Brent Skoryi (email@example.com)
online starting Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 5pm.
- Be sure you've signed a CBC Waiver since November 1, 2022
- Participants must be USBA members
- Participants who have not attended a Safety Certification clinic ("Red Book" clinic) will need to attend
a safety briefing at 8am on race day.
- SMR Membership or Day Pass required to access the range.
Saturday, October 14th, 2023
Red Book safety certification class
Drew Hudon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
online starting Friday, September 1, 2023 at 5pm.
- Additional details coming soon!
Regional, National and International Events